Adjunct Faculty: User Experience Design
- Job Title: Graduate Professional Studies, Adjunct Faculty
- Course: User Experience Design
- Division: Rabb School, Graduate Professional Studies (GPS)
- Location: Online
Brandeis University's Graduate Professional Studies (GPS) is looking for an industry leader to teach in our Master of Science in User-Centered Design program. Brandeis University is consistently ranked among the nation’s top universities, and our online courses are developed using best practices in online learning. Information about Brandeis University and Graduate Professional Studies can be found online.
About the Position and Course
RUCD 101: User Experience Design
The field of user experience (UX) encompasses a wide range of processes and methods for designing interfaces and products that are usable, useful, and desirable. Over the last decade, user experience has become a key driving force in successful product development. This course introduces students to user-centered design (UCD) and its associated methodologies, including user research, interaction design, and usability testing. Students will become conversant in a range of UCD approaches while gaining practical experience creating portfolio-ready deliverables. Although the course will focus primarily on screen UI design, the research and design principles mastered apply equally to emerging design challenges such as voice, service design, and Internet of Things (IoT).
Qualified candidates will have Subject Matter Qualifications in the following areas:
- Current active employment in the Human Factors, HCI, User Experience field or related industry
- Masters in Human Factors, HCI, User Experience, or related discipline.
- 5+ years of work experience in a UX role.
- Experience leading user-centered design projects for web and/or mobile applications.
- Knowledge of common wireframing, prototyping, and design tools.
- Hands-on experience conducting user research, including usability testing.
- 3+ years in leadership role
- Experience working on remote teams
- Experience with two or more UX processes (Design Thinking, Lean UX)
About the Master of Science in User-Centered Design
The 100% online curriculum is carefully designed to strike a balance of theory and practice in applying psychological principles and user research to create useful, delightful, and innovative user experiences. Explore the latest design and development processes as you build the management and collaboration skills essential for effective UX leadership.
All GPS Masters courses are 10 weeks long and taught asynchronously in the online learning environment with no set days or times for interaction.
About GPS Faculty
GPS Faculty instructors are active practitioners in the industries that align with our programs and have the professional expertise to bring to course discussions and threads. Instructors are part time and work fully online, with no requirement to appear on campus. Our faculty have earned at least a master's degree with many holding terminal academic degrees and industry-specific credentials. Previous experience teaching online is not required; GPS offers a comprehensive training program for qualified applicants.