Directions on how to use the Controlled Substances Notebook are provided in the document below and may be downloaded for inclusion into the Notebook.
- How to Use the Controlled Substances Notebook — The following form is used in the purchase of controlled substances, and accompanies the requisition placed to the Procurement Department.
- Controlled Substances Purchase Request Form (pdf) — Each individual wishing to use controlled substances in research under the direction of a License Holder (a Principal Investigator) must complete the following form. Per Brandeis University policy, individuals within the ages of 18-20 inclusive are designated Authorized Trainees, while those at and above the age of 21 are considered Authorized Users. This form must be completed and signed by both the requesting individual and the intended License Holder.
- Authorized User and Authorized Trainee Application Form (pdf) — Various pages pertaining to the sections within the Controlled Substances Notebook are given below so that additional pages may be printed as needed.
- Authorized User Log (pdf)
- Controlled Substance Index of Usage Log (pdf)
- Controlled Substance Usage Log (pdf)
- Disposal Log (pdf)
- Pre-Award Services
Research Integrity and Compliance
- Animal Care and Use Program
- Controlled Substances
- Human Research Protection Program
- Institutional Biosafety Committee
- Responsible Conduct of Research
- Research Misconduct
- Financial Conflicts of Interest in Research
- Postdoctoral Appointments
- Related Offices
If you have questions or concerns about controlled substances used in research at Brandeis, please contact:
Paul O'Keefe, Controlled Substances Officer
(781) 736-2123 fax