Tuition Adjustments and Refunds
Students are able to drop their enrollments in Workday self-service up until the Friday before courses begin. You do not need a drop code from a course instructor in the summer.
After the Friday before a course begins, students must email the Summer School with their request to drop a course. Please be sure written requests are submitted from the student via the student’s Brandeis University email account. The schedule of tuition and course fee adjustments are detailed here.
Adjustment and Refund Schedule
- A full tuition adjustment/refund will be provided if a request to withdraw from a class is received prior to the first day of instruction for the respective session.
- After Friday, June 2, 2023 for Session 1 and Extended Session 0 and Friday, July 7, 2023 for Session 2), you must inform the Summer School office of any changes in your summer plans in writing addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- There will be a 75% adjustment for tuition for requests submitted on the first day of the session.
- On the second day of the session, requests to drop the course will result in a 50% adjustment of tuition and course fees.
- On the third day of the session, requests to drop the course will result in a 25% adjustment of tuition and course fees.
- After the third day of the session, there will be no tuition adjustments made. A student may request to transfer to another course being offered in the same session on a space available basis. This request must be made in writing to the Summer School. The instructor of the new course must also agree to admit the student to the course late.
Note: Registration fees are non-refundable except in the event that the class is canceled.
Academic Status Withdrawal
A student whose academic standing is changed, based on spring term courses, or who does not successfully complete a Session 1 prerequisite for a Session 2 course, is considered academically ineligible. Anyone who becomes academically ineligible will be administratively withdrawn and will receive a 100% adjustment of tuition and fees.
Additional details on refunds can be found on the Student Financial Services website.