Retirement Savings Plan
Brandeis University provides a 403(b) defined contribution retirement plan that enables eligible employees to direct contributions to one or more available investment options sponsored by Fidelity Investments, TIAA, or both.
Fidelity Investments supports the enrollment process and provides ongoing service to retirement plan participants — regardless of whether you invest with Fidelity or TIAA — via the university's retirement planning website/NetBenefits website. The website provides you with the ability to:
- Enroll with either investment provider.
- Change your retirement plan contribution amount.
- Change investment providers if already enrolled.
- Access links to specific provider account information.
Website User Guides
Contribution Limits for 2021
- Employees 49 or younger: $19,500 for combined 403(b) Employee Basic and Employee Supplemental contributions.
- Employees 50 or older: $26,000 for combined 403(b) Employee Basic and Employee Supplemental contributions, the latter of which includes a maximum $6,500 "catch-up" contribution.
- How to Calculate Your Maximum Contribution
- You must make a 403(b) Employee Basic contribution in order to receive a university matching contribution.
- Workday will not permit you to make contributions above the IRS maximum contribution limit
- Brandeis does not monitor individual's maximum contributions to your plan.
- You are responsible for monitoring your annual contribution amounts, which are reflected on your pay slip.
- You may seek assistance in determining your supplemental contribution amount from representatives at TIAA (800-842-2273), Fidelity (800-343-0860) or your tax advisor.
Fidelity and TIAA take the health and safety of you and their associates very seriously. To do their part to slow down the rate of transmission of the coronavirus, our vendors have suspended all in-person employee meetings and group workshops.
Both Fidelity and TIAA remain committed to supporting you during these challenging times and will continue to be there to help address your concerns.
If you have a one-on-one appointment with a retirement planner, they will contact you with instructions for meeting by telephone.
To request or reschedule an appointment, please visit:
Work-Life Balance-Financial Well-Being
Visit the Financial Well-Being page for additional information.
If you have additional questions about this service, contact Fidelity Investments at 800-343-0860 or online at www.netbenefits.com/brandeis.