Retirement Savings Plan
Brandeis University provides a 403(b) defined contribution retirement plan that enables eligible employees to direct contributions to one or more available investment options sponsored by Fidelity Investments.
You will be automatically enrolled to make 403(b) Supplemental contributions in the retirement plan at a pretax rate of 5% if exempt, paid semi monthly or 3% nonexempt, paid weekly. Your contributions will be invested in the Target Date Fund that's closest to your anticipated retirement date (assuming retirement at age 65).
If you wish to waive your enrollment in the Plan, you must change your contribution rate to 0% within the first 30 calendar days from the date indicated on your automatic enrollment notification in the mail.
We encourage you to choose a contribution rate and investment options that are appropriate for you. You may change your elections at any time by logging in to your account with your username and password at the top of this page. For instructions how to enroll click here.
Website User Guides
Contribution Limits for 2023
- Employees 49 or younger: $22,500 for combined 403(b) Employee Basic and Employee Supplemental contributions.
- Employees 50 or older: $30,000 for combined 403(b) Employee Basic and Employee Supplemental contributions, the latter of which includes a maximum $7,500 "catch-up" contribution.
IRS contribution guidelines for 2023
- You must make a 403(b) Employee Basic contribution in order to receive a university matching contribution.
- Workday will not permit you to make contributions above the IRS maximum contribution limit
- Brandeis does not monitor individual's maximum contributions to your plan.
- You are responsible for monitoring your annual contribution amounts, which are reflected on your pay slip.
- You may seek assistance in determining your supplemental contribution amount from representatives at Fidelity (800-343-0860) or your tax advisor.
Meet With a Retirement Planner
To help you plan for your future, Retirement Planners from Fidelity Investments are on campus regularly to provide one-on-one guidance appointments. Consultations may be conducted in person virtually or over the phone.
To schedule your confidential consultation, please visit:
- Fidelity: www.fidelity.com/schedule or 800-642-7131
Work-Life Balance-Financial Well-Being
Visit the Financial Well-Being page for additional information.
If you have additional questions about this service, contact Fidelity Investments at 800-343-0860 or online at www.netbenefits.com/brandeis.