This studio space is less specialized but more flexible than our other two studios. It has more floor space than the Sound Studio for situations when multiple microphone setups are needed, such as band or ensemble recordings. It includes a networked audio interface that can be used with the Mac Mini in the equipment rack, or that can send audio over Ethernet for live mixing in our Sound Studio. Though our Video/Photo Studio is generally a better setting for capturing images, the Flex Studio does include a backdrop kit with white, green, and blue paper rolls and an overhead lighting grid. Any of our video or photographic equipment can be requested for use within it.
The sound equipment available in this room includes:
- AKG C214 Large-Diaphragm Condenser Microphones
- Shure KSM141 Stereo Pair Small-Diaphragm Condenser Microphones
- Shure SM57 and SM58 Dynamic Mics
- Focusrite RedNet MP8R 8-Channel Mic Pre Audio Interface for Dante
- M1 Mac Mini
- Roland TD-1DMK V-Drums Electronic Drum Set
- Direct Boxes for Electric Guitar and Bass
- Jasmin S-35 Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar
- Ibanez AS53 Hollow-Body Electric Guitar
- Ibanez TMB100M Electric Bass
To book this studio, please complete this form at least one week in advance of your first recording session. A qualified audio engineer must be present at all sessions to supervise the recording. You may bring your own engineer if they have been certified by SIMS, or you may alternatively request a SIMS Support Specialist to supervise your session.