Register for Courses
Follow the steps below to register for your GPS course(s). We recommend printing this page so that you can follow these instructions after logging in.
Step 1: Register for Classes.
Find Course Sections
- From your Workday homescreen, select the Academics worklet from the applications menu.
- Select Find Course Sections from the Planning & Registration menu. The Find Course Sections link allows you to refine your search by academic period.
- Choose the Academic Period from Start Date Within. Please search with GPS as the prefix for all academic terms.
- Choose the Academic Level of the classes you'd like to take. You can choose more than one level.
- Click the orange OK button.
- Search by typing the name of a course OR by selecting options:
- Click Save after selecting options to save your search for future use.
- Search by Academic Level.
- Course tags refers to key words defined by Brandeis.
- Choose an Instructional Format.
- Select a Subject.
- Select the course from the Results.
- Click Add to Schedule.
- Select an existing Schedule or Create Schedule for Registration.
- You will need to create a schedule if one does not exist. Proceed to Create Schedule for Registration below.
- If you select an existing schedule, skip to Choose Your Course Times.
- Select your Academic Record.
- Choose an Academic Period.
- Enter a Schedule Name.
- Click OK.
Choose Your Course Times
- Click the Choose Times button.
- Select a course by checking the box next to a section.
- Select "graded" as the Grading Basis.
- Click OK.
- Click Done.
Step 3: Submit a Payment.
- Log in to Workday using your Brandeis email account.
- Select the "Student Account" worklet under applications.
- In the bottom right box under "Important Links," select "Nelnet student account portal - GPS only".
- This will bring you to the Nelnet student account center, where you can make a payment by selecting the "make a payment" button".