Training and Professional Development
Brandeis University takes pride in the rich hub of knowledge and varied life experiences of our valued staff members. Empowering team members in furthering their education with training and professional development keeps their knowledge base relevant, makes their job experience more rewarding and adds value to the university as a whole.
Employees are welcome to benefit from:
- Hands-on trainings
- Web-based instructional videos from LinkedIn Learning
FY21 Performance Evaluations
Due Date: June 6, 2022
Providing feedback on a regular basis is critical for the development, retention and success of our employees.
Performance reviews for the period July 1, 2021 to June 30, 2022 are due to Human Resources on or before June 6, 2022. In cases where an employee’s performance rating is Below or Partially Meets Expectations, please contact Employee Relations to complete a Performance Improvement Plan (PIP). For more detailed information regarding the performance review process, please visit the HR Performance Review website.
Human Resources is offering the following Performance Review trainings via Zoom:
|Thursday, May 5||9-10:30 a.m.||Zoom||register|
|Tuesday, May 10||2-3:30 p.m.||Zoom||register|
|Friday, May 13||9-10:30 a.m.||Zoom||register|
|Thursday, May 5||1-2:30 p.m.||Zoom||register|
|Wednesday, May 11||2-3:30 p.m.||Zoom||register|
|Friday, May 13||1-2:30 p.m.||Zoom||register|
Information on salary changes will be forthcoming, but it is important to continue with the annual performance evaluation process which provides valuable performance feedback to employees.
Half-day Virtual Workshops Presented by Skill Path
- Thursday 4/28 – Workplace Collaboration Strategies
- Tuesday 5/10 – Managing Conflict and Confrontation at Work
Free Live Webinars offered by New Directions:
Go to www.ndbh.com and log in selecting “Employee Assistance Program” and using the company code: brandeis university. Scroll down to the bottom of the Home page to register for live webinars.For all webinars there are sessions at noon – 1 p.m. & 3 – 4 p.m.
- Wednesday 4/20 – Building Empathy, morning session, afternoon session
- Wednesday 4/27 – Emotional Intelligence for Managers, morning session, afternoon session
- Wednesday 5/18 – Languishing and Flourishing, morning session, afternoon session
- Wednesday 5/25 – Confident Leadership, morning session, afternoon session
Supporting Managers and Employees Returning to the Workplace Workshop
- Zoom recording of Support for Returning to the Workplace
- Session Slides of Support for Returning to the Workplace