Training and Professional Development
Brandeis University takes pride in the rich hub of knowledge and varied life experiences of our valued staff members. Empowering team members in furthering their education with training and professional development keeps their knowledge base relevant, makes their job experience more rewarding and adds value to the university as a whole.
Employees are welcome to benefit from:
- Hands-on trainings.
- Web-based instructional videos from LinkedIn Learning.
Fall 2021 Planning SessionsThe sessions will provide managers with information about Fall 2021 planning and provide an opportunity to ask questions and address any concerns with key members of the Office of Human Resources and the Office of Campus Planning and Operations. All sessions will be via Zoom.
- Monday, May 10, 10 – 11 a.m. register
- Monday, May 17, 3 – 4 p.m. register
- Thursday, May 20, 12 - 1 p.m. register
- Tuesday, May 25, 2 – 3 p.m. register
- Supporting Employees’ Return to the Workplace, Thursday, June 24, 10 - 11 a.m. (presented via Zoom)
- Support for Returning to the Workplace, Thursday, July 15, 10 - 11 a.m. (presented via Zoom)
Online COVID-19 Safety Training Course
Performance Review Workshops
How to Conduct an Effective Performance Review: The workshop will provide managers with the tools and information necessary, even while working remotely, to conduct an effective performance review.
- Tuesday, May 4, 1-2:30 p.m.
- Monday, May 10, 9-10:30 a.m.
How to Make the Most of Your Performance Review: This workshop will provide employees with the tools and information necessary to make the most of the performance review, even while working remotely.
- Tuesday, May 4, 9-10:30 a.m.
- Monday, May 10, 1-2:30 p.m.
A series of 3-hour workshops held on Thursdays.
- May 11 – Managing Conflict and Confrontation, 9 a.m.-noon
- Thursday, May 13 - Un-Clutter to De-Stress: Simple Steps to Simplify Your Life, 10-11 a.m.
- Leading Employees Through Change (previously recorded)
Go to www.ndbh.com and log in selecting “Employee Assistance Program” and using the company code: brandeis university. Scroll down to the bottom of the Home page to register for live webinars.
For all webinars there are sessions at 12–1 p.m. & 3–4 p.m. on Wednesdays.