Training and Professional Development
Brandeis University takes pride in the rich hub of knowledge and varied life experiences of our valued staff members. Empowering team members in furthering their education with training and professional development keeps their knowledge base relevant, makes their job experience more rewarding and adds value to the university as a whole.
Employees are welcome to benefit from:
- Hands-on trainings.
- Web-based instructional videos from LinkedIn Learning.
The new Massachusetts Paid Family Medical Leave Act goes into effect on January 1, 2021. Brandeis has designed its own private plan that will provide leave benefits under this new law. To learn more about Brandeis’s new medical and family leave program, please attend the session that lines up with your employee status below:
- Benefits Eligible Faculty Session: Dec. 9, 2–3 p.m. register
- Benefits Eligible Staff Session: Dec. 11, 11:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m. register
- Benefits Eligible Staff Session: Dec. 14, 2–3 p.m. register
- Non-Benefits Eligible Faculty/Staff Session: Dec. 16, 1–2 p.m. register
- Thursday, December 3, 2–3 p.m., Intro to Leaves Policy
- Thursday, December 10, 10–11:00 a.m., Legal Considerations of the Supervisor
- Thursday, December 17, 2–3 p.m., Performance Reviews: Coaching and Counseling
Previously available by invitation only, these workshops are now open to all managers who would like to take advantage of this opportunity and can be taken as a series or as individual sessions based on interest.
Workshops will cover special challenges due to COVID-19 and will be presented as 90 minute webinars from 9–10:30 a.m. on the following Tuesdays:
- December 1 – Managing Up, Across and Down
- December 8 – Managing Performance Conversations
- December 15 – Managing Conflicts
Workshops presented virtually via Zoom.
- Tuesday December 8, 2–3 p.m., Time Management
Go to www.ndbh.com and log in selecting “Employee Assistance Program” and using the company code: brandeis university. Scroll down to the bottom of the Home page to register for live webinars.
For all webinars there are sessions at 12–1 p.m. & 3–4 p.m. on Wednesdays.
Performance-Review Workshops (spring 2020)
The following videos are available for viewing:
- For managers: Conducting Effective Performance Evaluations.
- For nonmanagers: How to Make the Most of Your Performance Review