Checklist for Staff
Working Primarily on Campus Fall 2021
The items below are designed as a guide for staff who have been working remotely and will be transitioning back to working primarily on campus in support of department operations. Please consult with your manager of supervisor for other department-based requirements.
- Confirm with your manager requirements and expectations on:
- Return dates.
- Schedule, hours and department work location (if different).
- Department work space: changes, use and requirements for individual work spaces, front facing areas and shared spaces (kitchens, supplies, conference rooms).
- Access points to department and individual work spaces, if different than prior to COVID.
- Department based cleaning protocols.
- Food: bringing and eating food on site (breakfast and lunch); use of refrigerator and lunchroom.
- Other department level requirements or protocols.
- Pack up any University technology equipment (including cables and accessories) and any other materials you were using remotely that will be needed when you return to on-campus work.
- Ensure you have your ID Badge and building/office key(s) prior to arriving on campus.
- Develop a plan and schedule with your manager so they can track who is on campus and where.
- Ensure that you have completed the required training and fully understand and will abide by all required health and safety measures (Passport, testing, Daily Health Assessment, masking, social distancing, handwashing, etc.).
- Confirm that your parking permit and assigned parking spaces are valid. If you have an existing parking permit, most will not expire until 2022. If you do not yet have a parking permit, go to the Brandeis Parking website and apply online or contact email@example.com.
- If you have questions on MBTA passes, please contact a member of the Benefits Team.
- If you have questions on reasonable accommodations, please contact a member of the Employee Relations Team.