On Campus and Remote Positions
Considerations for determining if a position should be primarily on-campus and/or primarily remote.
- The position needs to have face-to-face contact with staff, faculty, students, community members or the public.
- The position needs to work with equipment, materials, files or data that can only be physically accessed and used on the Brandeis campus.
- The position supervises others who work primarily on-campus.
- The position requires regular on-campus collaboration and/or interactions with other staff or managers to fulfill department operations.
- The position has other non-transferable duties that can only be fulfilled while working on-campus.
- The on-campus factors above do not apply.
- The primary duties of the position can be fulfilled remotely.
- The employee can effectively perform most tasks without in-person supervision.
- The employee has not experienced performance issues working remotely.