Five types of graduate instruction are available:
- We offer four sociology graduate seminars per year.
- We offer a broad variety of tutorial courses (group readings and independent studies).
- Students may take courses in other Brandeis departments.
- Students may also take courses through the Graduate Consortium in Women's Studies at MIT and at schools that are part of the Graduate Consortium:
For a full list of the Sociology Department course descriptions, see the University Bulletin.
Students who wish to take a course numbered 100-199 for graduate credit must first:
- Meet with the course instructor to formulate a course enhancement plan
- Include additional readings, assignments, and/or written work of at least 20 pages in enhancement plan
- Submit a petition requesting that the course count as a graduate level course
Courses by Semester
For a full list of past course offerings please see the registar's class search.
- Undergraduate Program
- Graduate Programs
- In Support of Black Lives Matter
- News and Events
- Helpful Links
- Contact Us
Director of Graduate Studies
Contact Professor Gowri Vijayakumar for more information about the program.
We consider applications to our joint MA program in Sociology and Women's, Gender, and Sexuality Studies through Feb. 1.