- Available through the “Add A Block” tool when editing is turned on
- The block edits the course page:
- Increases font
- Changes the contrast
- Launches the ATbar
- Magnifies test
- Change font and spacing
- Spell checker
- Text to Speech
- Change page style, colors, and contrast
- Add a color overlay
LATTE Course Formats
LATTE offers several course formats. Some are more accessible than others. Formats can be changed in the Administration block by selecting "Edit Settings" and opening the "Course format" menu option.
- View one section at a time in a pop-out box.
- Faculty can add images to each topic section.
- The pop-out box is not accessible to many screen readers.
View one section at a time displayed on the course page.
Easily select which section to view with keyboard or mouse
Topics display all the sections in a long list by default.
To show one section per page, change the format under the "course layout" setting.
Using best formatting practices in all text boxes can make content more accessible.
Make links descriptive
Alt text for images
Voice and video options
Text size and color should not be use for emphasis
Embedding over linking
Use bullets or number options
- Alternative to uploading a document or PDF
- More accessible for screen readers
- Responsive sizing for mobile devices
Subtitles and Transcripts
- When requesting course videos, always include subtitles
- Transcripts and video description also available on a per-case basis
- Give documents a unique name
- Auto Linking will create a link to the document in LATTE when the same title is used elsewhere in the course
- Turn on/off in the “Filter” settings
- LATTE now supports emoji use
- Not all screen readers can read emojis
- Do not use for meaningful content