Brandeis Library Guides
This guide provides tips and tools for evaluating journal impact.
Exercises, Handouts, and Presentations
- Is This Book Relevant to My Research? (Presentation | Handout)
- Is This Article Relevant to My Research? (Presentation | Handout)
- How to Skim an Article
- Scholarly vs. Non-Scholarly Journal Articles (DOCX | PDF)
- How to Read a Science Paper (DOCX | PDF)
- Assessing Sources Exercise (DOCX | PDF)
- Assessing a Literature Review Exercise (DOCX | PDF)
External Resourcesquestions to ask of sources, how to evaluate journal articles and web sources, the issues with using sources like Wikipedia, and how our disciplines affect our use of sources. Highly recommended for use in a UWS.
- Evaluating Primary Sources (external link)