How to Submit Medical/Disability Meal Plan Accommodation Requests
Brandeis University’s goal with respect to students who have dietary concerns is to accommodate these needs, whenever possible, by providing appropriate foods, methods of preparation, and service in the dining halls.
- Schedule an appointment with the Dining Services dietitian, Karen Jew.
- Download and bring the completed Meal Plan Accommodation Initial Meeting Form (PDF) to your meeting with the Dining Services dietitian. If accommodation with the dining halls is sufficient, the student will develop a written management plan together with Dining Services.
- Complete page one, and request that your doctor complete/submit the Medical/Disability Meal Plan AccommodationMedical Provider Form to the Health Center as directed on the form. Please note that by making this request you are releasing the Medical Provider Form to the parties comprising the campus Medical/Disability Dietary Needs Committee.
- Schedule a meeting with the Brandeis nutritionist, Carolyn Butterworth, by calling the Health Center, at 781-736-3696.
- Meet with nutritionist and Sodexo registered dietitian together to work out a plan, if directed to do so by the nutritionist.
- The Brandeis nutritionist, Health Center, Dining Services dietitian, and Disabilities Services staff will meet in committee to arrive at a written recommendation representing both the student’s responsibilities and the university’s obligation. This recommendation will be communicated to both the student and the representative for University Operations.
Revised June 20, 2016