HHMI Interfaces Scholar Award Lectures
Notes and Slides
Establishing and running a graduate program that spans the disciplines of life and physical sciences presents unusual challenges.
Part of the mission of the Brandeis QB program is to make available to interdisciplinary programs at other institutions the pedagogical techniques and educational materials that we have developed at Brandeis.
The following resources are currently available. All downloads are pdfs unless otherwise noted.
Alexandra Deaconescu (2013)1. "Seeing" Biological Polymers with X-Rays in Solution Part I
2. "Seeing" Biological Polymers with X-Rays in Solution Part II
Jeffrey Boucher (2012)
Adelajda Zorba (2011)
- Origin and progresion of HIV-1
- The structural biology of HIV-1 assembly
- Tutorial on semi-automatic assignment of ubiquitin via NMRViewJ
Ed Barry (2010)
David Santucci (2009)
- A brief history of the synapse (ppt)
- Molecules in Space: Diffusible signals in the synapse (ppt)
- The Time Machine: Transforming molecular signals into long-lasting synaptic change (ppt; 10 MB file)
James Chen (2008)
David Biron (2007)
- What is C. elegans? What are its navigational strategies?
- Plasticity on two different scales: On what scale is information processed?
- Thermotactic behavior depends on the previous cultivation temperature and on the ambient temperature