What To Pack in Your COVID-19 "Go Bag"
by HAWP staff
It's always good to be prepared. If you are asked to quarantine or isolate by Brandeis or local officials, it's a good idea to have a "go bag" packed ahead of time. Having your bag ready can give you some peace of mind and mitigate what can be a stressful situation. Even if you are isolating at home and aren't going anywhere, a "go bag" can help you make sure you have what you need for the duration.
So what should you pack in your "go bag"?
We recommend that you pack enough supplies for 10 (isolation) days, though depending on your circumstances you may be released earlier or later based on testing results, clinical evaluation, and public health guidance.
- A 10-day supply of prescription medications that you need or may need (delivery can be arranged for students on campus)
- Over the counter medications you may want if you experience symptoms (Tylenol, cough drops, etc.)
- Toiletries (toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, shampoo, soap, etc.)
- A 10-day supply of clothing (campus laundry service will be available as needed on Wednesdays).
- Comfort items: this could include anything that gives you comfort like a special blanket, cozy sweatshirt, stuffed animal, or a favorite book.
In addition to the general items above, students isolating on campus should pack:
- Sheets, pillows, and towels
- Technologies needed (computers, cell phones, chargers, etc.)
- Books needed (books for class or leisure)
- Any food or snacks you have and love (meals will be delivered, but if you have a favorite snack, bring it)