Journal Publishing Agreements
The Brandeis Library has entered into agreements with journal publishers that enable Brandeis faculty, staff, and students to publish their research as open access (OA) without the need to pay an article processing charge (APC). Typically, authors wanting to publish an open access article would have to pay $1,000-$5,000 in article processing charges to the publisher. Articles that are published open access are freely available online for anyone to read without a subscription. Open access publishing of articles can increase readership and citations as well as help to reduce inequitable access to research and scholarship.
Library Journal Agreements that include Publishing at Brandeis
- Cambridge University Press Read and Publish agreement: any Brandeis University faculty, staff, or student can publish open access articles in CUP journals at no cost to themselves. Authors can also upload the final published version of an open access article to Brandeis ScholarWorks, where it will be made openly available for researchers and preserved for the future.
- PLOS Community Action Publishing: any Brandeis University faculty, staff, or student can publish open access articles in PLoS Biology and PLoS Medicine at no cost to themselves.
- Wiley Transformative Agreement: any Brandeis University faculty, staff, or student can publish open access articles in Wiley journals at no cost to themselves.
The Brandeis Library supports open access publishing outside of these agreements through the Brandeis Open Access Fund.
Please contact email@example.com with questions.
- Archives and Special Collections
- Sound and Image Media Studios
- Research Technology and Innovation
- Brandeis University Press
- Strategic Collections Project
- About the Library
- Library System Status