Professor of Physics
PhD, University of Turin, Italy, 1996
Professor Sciolla and her team work on the ATLAS experiment at the Large Hadron Collider at CERN. Research topics include the measurement of the properties of the Higgs Boson in ZZ and WW final states, precision measurements of Standard Model phenomena, and the search for new and exotic particles such as Dark Matter particles, Z’, and Long-Lived Particles. In addition, Sciolla’s team is very active in the design and construction of a silicon tracker (ITk) for the ATLAS upgrade as well as on Tracking and Muon Combined Performance.
Recent PhD Students
- Prajita Bhattarai, PhD (2023), “First differential cross-sections measurement for ZZ production in the four-lepton final state in ATLAS”
- Jiayi Chen, PhD (2022), “Probing new physics in the vector boson fusion production of Higgs bosons”
- Zach Schillaci, PhD (2022), “Precision measurements of four-lepton production in s= 13 TeV proton-proton collisions with the ATLAS detector”
- Laura Bergsten, PhD (2020), “Measurement of the vector boson fusion production Higgs boson fiducial cross-section observed in the WW*→llνν decay channel with the ATLAS detector”
- Hannah Herde, PhD (2020), “Measuring the mass of the Higgs boson in the four-lepton final state with the ATLAS detector”
- Alessio Venturini, PhD (2016), “Searching for Dark Matter in the Mono-jet Channel with the ATLAS Detector”
- Stefano Zambito, PhD (2015), “Measurement of the Higgs Boson Production and Couplings in the Four-Lepton Decay Channel with the ATLAS Detector”
Present Position: Postdoctoral Fellow, Harvard University (based at CERN)
Sample of Recent Publications
“Measurement of the four-lepton invariant mass spectrum in 13 TeV proton-proton collisions with the ATLAS detector”, JHEP 04 (2019) 048, arXiv:1902.05892v2 [hep-ex]
“Measurement of the Higgs boson mass in the H→ZZ∗→4ℓ and H→γγ channels with s=√13 TeV pp collisions using the ATLAS detector”, Phys. Lett. B 784 (2018) 345, arXiv:1806.00242v2 [hep-ex]
“The ABC130 barrel module prototyping programme for the ATLAS strip tracker”, Journal of Instrumentation, Volume 15, September 2020, arXiv:2009.03197 [physics.ins-det]
“Muon reconstruction performance of the ATLAS detector in proton–proton collision data at s=13 TeV”,
Eur. Phys. J. C (2016) 76:292.
“Measurements of Higgs boson production and couplings in the four-lepton channel in pp collisions at center-of-mass energies of 7 and 8 TeV with the ATLAS detector”, Phys. Rev. D 91, 012006 (2015)
“Measurements of Higgs boson production and couplings in diboson final states with the ATLAS detector at the LHC”, Phys. Lett. B 726, 88 (2013).
“Search for high-mass dilepton resonances in pp collisions at sqrt(s) = 8 TeV with the ATLAS detector”, Phys. Rev. D. 90, 052005 (2014).