Discrimination/Bias Support

How do I contact the University Ombuds?

Members of the University Ombuds staff are available as a confidential, independent, impartial and informal source for all members of the Brandeis community. The Ombuds can be contacted by phone at 781-736-2265. For more information you can visit the University Ombuds website.

How do I file a report?

If you are a staff member reporting discrimination or bias from a staff or faculty member (including visiting faculty, post-doctoral fellows, or graduate students acting in an instructional capacity):

Contact Mark Brimhall-Vargas or Sonia Jurado, JD

Mark Brimhall-Vargas, chief diversity officer
Gryzmish, Room 105

Sonia Jurado, JD
Director, Office of Equal Opportunity
Title IX Coordinator

If you are a staff member reporting discrimination from a student or graduate student:

Contact the Office of Student Rights and Community Standards
Shapiro Campus Center 203