Financial Support

I am an undergraduate student or I know an undergraduate student who...

needs help with housing or has questions about moving on or off campus.

Seeking On-Campus Housing

If a student is seeking on-campus housing they should contact the Department of Community Living to inquire about availability.

Phone: 781-736-5060

Seeking Off-Campus Housing

Off-campus housing in the Waltham community surrounding Brandeis is extensive and varied. "Off-campus housing" simply refers to any housing not owned and operated by the University. Off-campus housing includes shared housing, apartments, houses, and rooms for rent.

Withdrawing From or Declining On-Campus Housing

Students with assignments for the fall have to complete the Withdraw from Housing form. There is a $500 cancellation fee for any student who would like to move off campus. Students who receive financial aid are encouraged to meet with their financial aid advisor prior to making a housing change to determine the impact this decision may have on their award.  

If the student does not have a housing assignment for the fall semester but does have a room selection number, they should complete the Decline from Housing form. There is no fee for this.