Study Abroad

London, UK

London, United Kingdom

There are many options all over the world for those studying Theater Arts to study abroad. Many Theater Arts majors study abroad to gain important cross-cultural perspectives, develop their language abilities, or gain global experience. This page contains information that will assist Theater Arts majors/minors determine how best to integrate study abroad into their Brandeis careers.

Sample of Approved Programs

Brandeis offers a wide range of programs for students pursuing Theater Arts. Students in the past have studied at such places as:

For more details on other programs for Theater Arts majors, visit the approved study abroad programs list. There you can filter options to search for unique program traits like internships or research. Additional programs might have acceptable coursework, but this list shows the primary locations where Theater courses may be available.

Study Abroad Liaison

To assist students with their academic choices abroad and to help answer any questions about receiving major/minor credit while abroad, each academic department and program has assigned a faculty member to serve as the Study Abroad Liaison. As every department has different policies regarding credit from abroad, the Study Abroad Liaison can assist you with guidance on major/minor credit. Find the Study Abroad Liaison for Theater Arts here.

Receiving Credit in Theater Arts

Students wishing to receive credit in Theater Arts for coursework done off-campus during the academic year should discuss these plans with the Study Abroad Liaison. All students as part of their application process for either a summer or semester term abroad will be required to have a course proposal reviewed by the department if they wish to receive credit in that major/minor. For the semester, this is an initial conversation and students should continue to discuss plans with the department as they have more course information (syllabi, etc.). For the summer, courses are pre-approved. Upon return, semester students should complete the Petition to Request Substitution for a Requirement form for final and formal review.