Transfer Credit

Undergraduate Substitution Requests

The online petition to request substitution for a requirement can be used by undergraduate students who have already declared the major or minor and would like to request any of the following:

  • That a major or minor requirement be met by a course taken at Brandeis University.
  • That a major or minor requirement be met by a course taken outside of Brandeis (study abroad, non-Brandeis Summer School course, etc.). Please note that the course must already be on the student's Brandeis transcript before the petition for substitution can be made.  
  • That a General University Requirement be met by a course taken during a program approved by Brandeis Study Abroad Office. This course must already have been transferred to your Brandeis undergraduate record before the petition can be submitted. 

Transfer students fulfilling the Brandeis Core Requirements, who believe their non-Brandeis coursework should satisfy a particular Foundational Literacy requirement, may request approval of writing intensive, oral communication, or digital literacy credit by emailing Michael Terranova after departmental review of all materials.

Transfer Credit Forms