Office of the Provost

Merit raise pool for FY2016; holiday and summer schedules

April 1, 2015

Dear Colleagues,

In appreciation of the critical contributions of our staff members, I am pleased to report that the budget for the next fiscal year (which runs July 1, 2015-June 30, 2016) includes a 2.25 percent merit raise pool for non-union staff, along with a smaller pool for promotions and recognition of extraordinary service. FY2016

Additionally, President Lawrence and I have approved two discretionary closings for the university: On Friday, May 22, the university will be closing at 2 p.m. in advance of the Memorial Day holiday on the following Monday. Also, based on the July 4 holiday falling on a Saturday with the federal holiday falling on that Friday, we will be closing at 2 p.m. on Thursday, July 2, as well. Our hope is that staff members will be able to use these extended holiday periods to enjoy time with family and friends.

We continue to strive toward greater support for all of our Brandeis employees. Towards that end, this summer department managers may adopt flexible hours for staff where possible, so long as the work commitments of their units are fully met. Adoption of this flexible schedule option for particular staff members is subject to the approval of each staff member’s supervisor.

On behalf of all of our students, faculty and alumni, my heartfelt thanks for your ongoing dedication, commitment and many accomplishments.

Sincerely,

Lisa Lynch

Lisa M. Lynch, PhD
Provost and Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs and
Maurice B. Hexter Professor of Social and Economic Policy
Brandeis University

assistant: Kristen Stevens, kstevens@brandeis.edu
phone: 781-736-2101