Engage, Explore, Expand, Excite
The Office of Study Abroad supports Brandeis students who participate on any of our 200 approved programs in some 58 different countries around the world.
On average 40% of the junior class studies abroad during the academic year while still more students took advantage of various international opportunities in the summer. There is a huge diversity of transformative experiences that Brandeis students have engaged in abroad, including:
- studying biodiversity conservation hands-on in Panama
- conducting ethnographic research on sacred figures in Mongolia
- interning at the International Criminal Court in The Hague, The Netherlands
- studying economics in a Scandinavian context with Brandeis in Copenhagen: Economics in Denmark
- completing major/minor or university requirements in Cape Town, South Africa
- gaining expertise in Spanish in Santiago, Chile
- study the masters with Brandeis in Siena studio art and art history program
- creating and learning in the film industry in Prague, Czech Republic
- doing hands-on scientific lab research in Bangalore, India
The Office of Study Abroad is part of the Provost Office's global engagement efforts, find out more about Global Brandeis.
Photo Credit: Max Gould
International justice: Brandeis students do legal work abroad in The Hague
Trying alleged terrorists in absentia while studying international law might seem like the job of a seasoned legal mind, but Brandeis undergraduates are engaged in such work through the Brandeis in The Hague study abroad program.