The application process for summer study abroad is two part:
- a Brandeis application
- an application through your program.
The Brandeis summer study abroad deadline is March 15, 2018. Program applications may be due as early as December, so please plan accordingly.
If you are considering studying abroad this summer, please make an appointment to speak with Alisha Cardwell, Study Abroad Advisor. It is highly recommended that you complete your summer program application well before the application deadline.
To ensure you are completing all of the appropriate steps for studying abroad, please check out the First Steps section of our website.
The Brandeis Summer Study Abroad Application consists of:
Summer Requirements for Receiving Credit
Summer Study Abroad Statement of Agreement
Application Statement for Summer Abroad, at least 500 words answering the following questions:
- What are your academic and intellectual goals for study abroad and how does this program best help you meet those goals?
- Talk about one thing you now know about your new host city/location? How do you plan to explore this thing more?
- How do you plan to engage in the culture and integrate yourself as a new resident of your city/country, especially in a shorter amount of time?
- What challenges do you expect to experience during your summer study abroad experience? How will you overcome them?
Summer Academic Proposal of Study (which includes the summer TC07 form). To submit this, you'll need the following information:
- Detailed course description or syllabus
- Number of contact hours
- Number of weeks
- Study Abroad Approval if requesting major/minor credit
To Access the Online Brandeis Application
Visit the Get Started page to create an account and complete the first steps. Once you have started your account and complete the questionnaire, info session, and quiz, please make an appointment with a study abroad staff member. After you have completed these steps and finalized your program choice, an advisor will open the application for you.