Co-Director of Creative Writing
Associate Professor in the Practice of English
Meet Professor Bradfield through OpenBook: An English Department Podcast.
Pronouns: she / her / hers
- Cascadia Field Guide: Art Ecology Poetry
- Broadsided Press: Fifteen Years of Poetic and Artistic Collaboration, 2005-20
- "Theorem," Poetry, Northwest Editions, 2020
- "Toward Antarctica: An Exploration," Boreal Books/Red Hen Press, 2019.
- "Once Removed," Persea Books, 2015.
- "Approaching Ice," Persea Books, 2010.
- "Interpretive Work," Arktoi Books/Red Hen Press, 2008.
- Poems in The New Yorker, Poetry magazine, Ploughshares, The Atlantic, Orion magazine and elsewhere.
- Essays in "Up Here: The North at the Center of the World" (U. Washington Press, 2016), "The Poem's Country: Place and Poetic Practice" (Pleiades Press, 2018), "Permanent Vacation, Vol. 2" (Bona Fide Books, 2018).
- Finalist, James Laughlin Award from the Academy of American Poets, 2010.
- Audre Lorde Award, 2009.
- Finalist, Lambda Literary Award, 2008.
- Wallace Stegner Fellowship, 2007-09.
- "When Birds Are Near: Dispatches from Contemporary Writers," Cornell University Press, 2020.
- "The Echoing Green: Poems of Fields, Grasses, and Meadows," Knopf/Everyman, 2016.
- "Environmental and Nature Writing: A Writer's Guide and Anthology," Bloomsbury, 2016.
- "Poem-a-Day: 365 Poems for Every Occasion," Academy of American Poets, 2015.
- "This Assignment Is So Gay: LGBTIQ Poets on the Art of Teaching," Sibling Rivalry Press, 2013.
- "The Ecopoetry Anthology," Trinity University Press, 2013.
- "Collective Brightness: LGBTIQ Poets on Faith, Religion & Spirituality," Sibling Rivalry Press, 2011.
- "Cold Flashes: Literary Snapshots of Alaska," University of Alaska Press, 2010.
- "New Poets of the American West," Many Voices Press, 2010.
- "Best New Poets 2006," Meridian Press, 2006.
- "Theorem," which began as a book-form collaboration, is now a performance-based installation in development with Composer Eliza Brown, Violinist Clara Lyon, Animator Joseph Merideth, and Director Andrew Boyce.
- Founder and editor-in-chief of Broadsided Press, a grassroots-distributed project featuring collaborations between writers and visual artists.
- Contributing editor to Alaska Quarterly Review.
- The Haul Out: A blog started in 2013 that discusses seals (mostly) on Cape Cod (and elsewhere). Topical, a bit political, the posts come from my experiences as a naturalist and resident of the Cape.
- Naturalist and guide on expedition ships; whale watch naturalist on Cape Cod.
- Website: www.ebradfield.com
Selected Courses Taught
- Poetry Workshop (ENG 109a, ENG 119b).
- Publishing Workshop (ENG 139a).
Selected Podcast Appearance
- Recall This Book episode 75: "Sean Hill talks about bodies in space and time with Elizabeth Bradfield"