Pronouns: he / him / his
Brandon Callender specializes in black queer and black horror studies. He is completing a manuscript on black queer men’s intimacies and belongings entitled Getting Behind in Black Gay Men's Literatures.
- "The Devil Finds Use: Black Queers Do The Exorcist." Qui Parle 31. 1 (2022): 67–98.
- "Getting it, Together," The Bigness of Things: New Narrative and Visual Culture, ed. Daniel Benjamin and Eric Sneathen (Wolfman Books, 2017) 47-59
- "The House that Beam Built," Black Gay Genius: Answering Joseph Beam's Call, ed. Steven Fullwood and Charles Stevens. (Vintage Entity Press, 2014) 128-138.
Selected Courses Taught
- ENG 15b Black Joy
- ENG 42a Blackness and Horror
- ENG 102a Ghosts of Race
- ENG 167b Writing the Nation: James Baldwin, Richard Wright, Toni Morrison
- "How horror creates meaning," NPR's 1A, October 31, 2023.
- Undergraduate English Program
- Undergraduate Creative Writing Program
- Graduate Programs
- Contact Us
Office Location: Rabb 130
TR 1-2 and by appt