Fannie Hurst Writer in Residence
bookThe Body Papers, Restless Books, April 2019.
creative nonfiction"How to Cross the Street in Manila," Tufts magazine, June 2016.
My Father's Noose, Brevity 23, 2007.
fiction"The Book of Life and Death," Tufts Magazine, Summer 2007.
"Japanese Times," Our Own Voice, August 2006.
"Angel Gabriel," Del Dol Review, Summer 2003.
- Winner, Restless Books Prize for New Immigrant Writing for Nonfiction
- Fulbright Senior Scholar, Philippine American Educational Foundation
- Dorothy O’Connor Award, Women’s National Book Association
- Winner, Ivy Terasaka Short Story Competition, Our Own Voice
- Artist Grant in Fiction Writing, Massachusetts Cultural Council
Selected Video Clips
Coming to America, Suitcase Stories Part 1, Stories from the Stage Season 7, The World Channel
First Year Reads, Johnson and Wales University
Discussion on Motherhood @CSPAN
Introduction to Creative Non-Fiction (Spring 2020)
Introduction to Fiction (Spring 2020)
Introduction to Creative Writing (Fall 2019)