Individual Research Rooms
The Goldfarb Library currently has 16 small individual research rooms available to faculty and ABD doctoral candidates who:
- are engaged in a specific library-intensive project
- must provide proof that this space would be integral to the execution of this project
Applications for use of a Goldfarb Library research room are processed in the order in which they are received. Research rooms are assigned for one academic year; occupants may reapply in August for continued use. If no research rooms are available, then applicants will be waitlisted. Research room waitlists are maintained for one year only.
The policies and procedures listed below govern the use of the rooms:
- Research rooms are for quiet study. The space should not be used to meet with other individuals or to conduct business more appropriate to an office space.
- Library materials kept in the research rooms must be properly checked out. Non-circulating materials are not to be kept in the research rooms.
- Research rooms must be vacated 10 minutes prior to the Library’s posted closing times.
- Food is not permitted in research rooms. Drinks must be kept in spill-proof containers. Electrical devices such as refrigerators or hot pots are not allowed.
- Research rooms must be kept reasonably clean and integrity of furnishings respected.
- A $10.00 fee will be assessed for each key that is lost, damaged, or not returned upon request.
- An occupant whose research room is seldom used may be asked to relinquish the space for use by another.
- The Library is not responsible for the loss or damage of personal belongings in the room.
- Research rooms are assigned “as is” (occupants cannot switch rooms or furnishings once they have signed a use contract and been issued a key).
- Library staff periodically enter research rooms for inspection purposes.
- Archives and Special Collections
- Sound and Image Media Studios
- Research Technology and Innovation
- Brandeis University Press
- Strategic Collections Project
About the Library
- Library News
- Identity Statement & Common Agenda
- Rooms and Spaces
- Workshops & Events
- Library Advisory Councils
- Contact Us
- Library System Status