Massachusetts COVID-19 Rollback
Dear Brandeis Community,
Due to the significant uptick in COVID-19 cases in Massachusetts, Gov. Charlie Baker issued an order rolling back state COVID-19 reopening plans to Phase 3, Step 1, effective Sunday, Dec. 13.
While Brandeis will not need to make major changes as a result of this rollback, we are making some adjustments to protocols:
- Consistent with the Governor’s order, Brandeis will reduce non-classroom space capacities across campus from 50% to 40% occupancy. This includes areas such as office and meeting rooms, the Library, and the Gosman gym. All other Brandeis requirements, policies, and protocols regarding access to these spaces remain the same.
- Research lab density will increase to 40% from the current one-third density requirement that was recently implemented.
Policies that will continue but are critical to maintaining our vigilance in the face of rising COVID transmission include:
- Outdoor gatherings and events continue to be limited to 25 persons.
- If you bring your own food to work, it should require neither refrigeration nor warming up in a microwave
- Only one person at a time may use a break room. Limit time spent in a break room and wipe down/disinfect any areas you have used when you’re done. Cleaning supplies have been placed in break rooms for this purpose; file a request with Facilities Services when additional supplies are needed.
We thank you once again for your compliance with the required public health protocols that are in place at Brandeis. Your continued efforts to wear a mask, wash hands, and maintain physical distance help keep our community safe.
Lisa M. Lynch
Executive Vice President, Finance and Administration