Student Employment

Student Employment assists students and supervisors in all aspects of on-campus student employment and off-campus Federal Work-Study employment.

Domestic and international undergraduate and graduate students may be employed through Student Employment. Students must be matriculated in a Brandeis degree-granting program and enrolled at least half-time in classes in order to be eligible to work on-campus.

In order to obtain a job on campus, all students must be able to present original identification to the university that satisfies the requirements of Form I-9 (Employment Eligibility Verification). Schedule an appointment to complete your I-9

Appropriate forms of identification include a U.S. Passport, an Alien Registration Card, a foreign passport with Employment Authorization or a driver's license with an original Social Security Card or birth certificate.

Types of Employment

There are two main types of employment on campus: Federal Work-Study (FWS) and University Employment. Although any student with a valid Social Security number may seek employment on campus, students who are awarded an FWS or University Employment allotment as part of their financial aid package are given priority for jobs until October 1. If you were not awarded such an allotment, you are ineligible to seek employment until after this date.

Although the Office of Student Financial Services maintains a listing of available on-campus positions it cannot guarantee employment. It is the student's responsibility to secure and maintain a position.

For answers to common questions, please download the Student Employment Handbook (pdf) or review our Frequently Asked Questions.