How to Major in Neuroscience
Declaring a Neuroscience Major
The following instructions will help you to declare a Neuroscience major. Please read the "important notes" section before starting.
- You will need your Workday ID and your list of planned courses
- Log in with your Brandeis ID (the first part of your email) and your password.
- Use a non-Firefox browser (Safari, Chrome or IE/Edge are all fine).
- Connect from on campus (or to use VPN, go to VPN instructions for instructions to install Pulse Secure, not a one time connection).
- Please be patient - it saves frequently so that you don't lose anything, but it makes it a little slow.
To begin the process of declaring a major in Neuroscience, please go to the BioNeuroMajorWorksheet and complete the form. This worksheet is a FileMaker application that uses your UNET ID and password. Once that is submitted, you will receive instructions on setting up an appointment with the Undergraduate Advising Head to go over your plan and declare the major formally.
If you have any questions about the form, experience any problems or have feedback, please contact the Neuroscience office.
Change Degree or Drop Major
In order to change your degree from BS to BA or drop the Neuroscience major at Brandeis, please contact the Neuroscience office. They will make the changes for you.
If you are changing from a BA to a BS, you will need to make an appointment with the Undergraduate Advising Head.
If you have any questions, experience problems or have feedback, please contact the Neuroscience office. You can also make changes via the worksheet by following the same instructions you used to declare your major.
To assist with course selection, the department has developed sample course plans for students interested in a Neuroscience major. You can refer to the Neuroscience checklists to see what courses meet the requirements for the major.
Students can use the University Bulletin and associated checklist for any year in which they are a student at Brandeis. Note that the University Bulletin provides the official requirements.