How to Major in Neuroscience
Declaring a Neuroscience Major
To begin the process of declaring a major in Neuroscience, please go to the BioNeuroMajorWorksheet and complete the form. This worksheet is a FileMaker application that uses your UNET ID and password. Once that is submitted, you will receive instructions on setting up an appointment with the Undergraduate Advising Head to go over your plan and declare the major formally.
- You will need your SAGE ID and your list of planned courses
- Log in with your Brandeis ID (the first part of your email) and your password.
- Use a non-Firefox browser (Safari, Chrome or IE/Edge are all fine).
- Connect from on campus (or to use VPN, go to kb.brandeis.edu/display/SCI/Using+the+Brandeis+VPN for instructions to install Junos Pulse, not a one time connection).
- Please be patient - it saves frequently so that you don't lose anything, but it makes it a little slow.
If you have any questions about the form, experience any problems or have feedback, please send them to Laura Woolf.
Change Degree or Drop Major
In order to change your degree from BS to BA or drop the Neuroscience major at Brandeis, please contact Laura Woolf. She will make the changes for you.
If you are changing from a BA to a BS, you will need to make an appointment with the Undergraduate Advising Head.
If you have any questions, experience problems or have feedback, please send them to Laura Woolf.
To assist with course selection, the department has developed sample course plans for students interested in a Neuroscience major.