Study Abroad

A lake in New Zealand

New Zealand

Students entering the Neuroscience Program at Brandeis have opportunities to work in a range of fields, from cognitive neuroscience to the structure and function of ion channels. Spending time abroad will allow students to gain a global perspective of these fields and will provide an invaluable learning experience. This page contains information that will assist Neuroscience students with determining how to integrate study abroad into their Brandeis careers.

Sample of Approved Programs with Neuroscience Coursework

Visit the Brandeis Approved Programs List to review a comprehensive list of programs that offer Neuroscience coursework. There you can filter options to search for unique program traits like internships or research. Additional programs might have acceptable coursework, but this list shows the primary locations where Neuroscience courses may be available.

Neuroscience Study Abroad Liaison

To assist students with their academic choices abroad and to help answer any questions about receiving major/minor credit while abroad, each academic department and program has assigned a faculty member to serve as the Study Abroad Liaison. As every department has different policies regarding credit from abroad, the Study Abroad Liaison can assist you with guidance on major/minor credit. Find the Study Abroad Liaison for Neuroscience here.

Receiving Credit in Neuroscience

Students wishing to receive credit in Neuroscience for coursework done off-campus during the academic year should discuss these plans with the Study Abroad Liaison. All students as part of their application process for either a summer or semester term abroad will be required to have a course proposal reviewed by the department if they wish to receive credit in that major/minor. For the semester, this is an initial conversation and students should continue to discuss plans with the department as they have more course information (syllabi, etc.). For the summer, courses are pre-approved. Upon return, semester students should complete the Petition to Request Substitution for a Requirement form for final and formal review.