NFO August 2023
Welcome to Brandeis!
The New Faculty Orientation (“NFO”) will take place in-person August 21st through 25th, from 9:30am - 1:30pm each day (and includes lunch). The NFO will be led by Irina Dubinina, the Faculty Director of Brandeis’s Center for Teaching and Learning, and Marty Samuels, the Program Director at the CTL. We can’t wait to meet you in August!
As you can see from the schedule below, each day of the New Faculty Orientation provides different workshops, panels, and tours which will help you navigate Brandeis more effectively:
[There is no need to come for breakfast, but Irina and Marty will be there every morning with food if you’d like to come early!]
As we’ll be ordering food for the NFO, please RSVP at your earliest convenience and let us know of any dietary restrictions so that we can plan more effectively. (And if you would like to join a 45-60 minute campus tour led by a Brandeis student on Tuesday, Aug 22, please indicate your interest here.)
**We’d also like to highlight LATTE Basics workshops (over Zoom) designed to introduce faculty to using our LMS and course pages, which are led by our two Instructional Technologists, Ben Woupio and Wayne Smith.
**In addition, please be on the lookout for New Faculty Benefits Orientation Webinars including information on health and retirement benefits from HR.
In the meantime, please check out the Provost Checklist for New Faculty. You may also be interested in some of the following resources below.
Teaching Related Resources
Notes for New Faculty 2022-23 (from the Office of the University Registrar)
- Accessibility Quick Guide
- Center for Teaching and Learning
- Classroom Technology Guides
- LATTE Help:
- Syllabus information: Brandeis University syllabus requirements and resources
Student Support Resources
- Student Accessibility Support (“Accomodations”)
- Assisting Emotionally Distressed Students
- Early Academic Concerns Alert Form
- Support for English Language Learners
- I CARE Reporting Form (form to identify struggling students, CARE team follows up)
- Support at Brandeis
- Supporting Student Health and Wellness
- Writing Center
Human Resource Related Resources
- Benefits for employees
- Collective Bargaining Agreements
- Emergency Fund for Students
- Office of Equal Opportunity
- Employee Assistance Plan: 800-828-6025 (counseling, webinars, tip sheets)
- Support at Brandeis
- ID Card webpage
- Login to Brandeis apps and programs
- Public Safety
- Suicide Prevention Lifeline
- University Ombuds
- Workday: Need Help?
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.