- The Office of Research Administration (ORA) is the institutional office at Brandeis responsible for the review, submission and acceptance of grants and contracts for research, education and public service. Before you submit your paperwork to ORA, be sure you are familiar with the office's Policies and Procedures.
- Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR) is a critical component of the education and training of all scientists engaged in research. Brandeis University requires all students, administrators, and postdoctoral researchers supported on a sponsored project to complete an RCR online training course. In addition, all graduate students and postdoctoral researchers in the physical sciences are required to complete an in-person interactive RCR Seminar Course, CONT 300.
- Human Subjects in Research and the IRB have the responsibility of ensuring federal, state, and university guidelines are followed in research involving human participants. Training is an important part of our Human Subjects in Research program at Brandeis, and we are pleased to offer a convenient, customized online training program through the University of Miami's Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI).
- Animal Subjects and the Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) The Brandeis University IACUC works to ensure that all protocols are reviewed in accordance with applicable guidelines. All research-related activities involving the use of animals at Brandeis University must receive IACUC approval before they may be conducted. Contact the Animal Care & Use Program at email@example.com.
- Lab Safety and Radiation If you are a new PI or Faculty member with laboratory responsibilities please read and review the Lab Move-In or Relocation worksheet. All other information about Lab Safety is on the Department of Environmental Health and Safety website.
- Sponsored Programs Accounting (SPA) is primarily responsible for ensuring compliance with sponsor regulations, safeguarding project funds, maximizing the university's cash flow position via timely and accurate billing, collections and resolution of budget overruns, maintaining good relations with sponsoring agencies and university staff, and facilitating the progress of sponsored projects for principle investigators and department administrators. Visit SPA for information about Brandeis' internally and externally imposed policies and procedures.