Request Funding

Are you a graduate student looking to host or organize an academic or social event open to other graduate students at Brandeis?

All graduate students may request funding from the GSA Student Initiatives Fund, which is derived from graduate student activities fees. Most requests will be reviewed within 1-3 business days; larger requests, including those that require a vote of the GSA Executive Committee and Senate, may take up to one month to process, but are likely to be resolved sooner.

Guidelines for Funding

  • Funding requests may be submitted by individual graduate students or graduate student organizations.
  • Requirements for funding include:
    • The initiative must be open to all graduate students across the three schools.
    • Student groups must be chartered either through the GSA or through their school.
    • To be chartered by the GSA, organizations must be registered to Campus Group. Please contact the GSA at for questions or assistance with this process.
    • There must be a marketing campaign that goes out to all graduate students.
    • All funding is reimbursement based, so please keep your receipts. All student groups are capped at 300$ per semester.
  • Organization funds must be allocated without unfairly favoring any member or members. All members should be given a fair and equal chance to participate in events.
  • The GSA logo must be included in all approved sponsored events (advertising, flyers, and other forms of communication).
  • If, following approval for funding, an individual or organization fails to meet any of the aforementioned rules, the GSA Executive Committee has the right to rescind or cancel approved funding for that semester.

Approval Process

Funds are set aside annually for graduate student initiatives and are distributed in a fair and impartial manner. Requests that have a high-benefit/low-cost ratio are generally looked upon most favorably. Requests of more than $100 must be approved by the GSA Executive Committee. 

Every effort will be made to support all requests. This may include partnership with the Office of Graduate Affairs, or other offices related to specific requests.  

Fill out my online form.