Career Fellows Program
The Brandeis GSAS Spring Career Fellowship gives GSAS students across all disciplines skills to help them prepare for careers in academia, non-profits, industry and beyond. The goal of the program is to foster a community of students committed to planning for their post-MA or PhD future.
We also hope that fellows act as ambassadors who encourage a robust discussion on professional and career development in their departments. As a part of this cohort, we encourage robust discussion on professional and career development through programming and via Slack. This fellowship is open to all PhD and master's GSAS students.
In 2023, we had 84 total applicants for the fellowships!
Our fellows attended career development and job search activity seminars between February and May 2023 and were awarded a $400 stipend for participating. Topics included:
- Getting Started with Career Exploration
- Training and Research Opportunities at the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- From Academia to a Career in Government
- Finding Your Professional Community
- Teaching at Community Colleges
- Data Science Panel
- Instructional Design Career Panel
- Telling Your Story on a Resume and Through LinkedIn
- What to Expect During an Interview