Please take into consideration all of the pre-application requirements and suggested events.
We strongly encourage applicants to:
Meet with a representative from the Hiatt Career Center to have your resume reviewed.
Request references and secure contact information from two individuals who can speak to your leadership skills and/or community engagement activities. These must come from faculty or staff at Brandeis or a community partner. They cannot be another student leader peer.
Applications for the 2023 - 2024 academic year will be available on Workday. All applications are due Sunday, March 12, 2023. When submitting your application, you will be required to include a copy of your resume, an updated unofficial transcript, and the contact information for two references.
- Step 1: Apply on Workday
- Step 2: Submit supplemental application
During the week of March 13, the Department of Student Engagement will contact applicants to share whether they have been selected to move forward to be interviewed for this role.
- Interviews with finalists will be conducted the week of March 20.
- Selected candidates will be notified by April 3.
The DSE will formally announce the 2023-2024 Ambassadors at the 2023 Celebration of Service event.
The Community Engagement Ambassador Program (CEAP) includes a number of developmental components, designed to benefit the Ambassadors engaged in the program. As an Ambassador, you will gain important career skills and deepen your understanding of engaging in outreach with your peers, campus partners, and community partners.
At the beginning of the academic year, Ambassadors will engage in a training program, both virtually and in-person. This program will provide an opportunity for their CEAP cohort to get to know one another and become prepared to serve as an Ambassador.
Regular meetings will be led by Department of Student Engagement professional staff and will feature Brandeis faculty, staff, and community partners as guest speakers. Ambassadors will meet on a regular basis to learn about many related topics, including:
Assessing their own leadership and determining and implementing best steps in their leadership growth
- Translating community engagement and CEAP experience to their own career development goals
- Developing outreach strategies to market community engagement programs to their peers
- Resolving conflict and utilizing strong communication skills in a variety of community engagement settings
- Building sustainable, reciprocal partnerships with local community and campus partners
- Understanding social constructs
- Maximizing training programs and retaining volunteers
Evaluating and assessing community engagement programs
- Campus Programs and Traditions
Community Engagement and Service
- Waltham Group
- Rich/Collins Community Leadership and Impact Fellowship
Community Engagement Ambassador Program (CEAP)
- Application Process
- Current CEAP Ambassadors
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Roses in Concrete
- Alternative Breaks
- Track Your Service Hours
- Commitment to Service Award Program
- All Volunteer Training
- Service Policies and Framework
- Student Organizations
- Resources and Forms
- About Student Engagement
Spring 2023 Information Sessions
CEAP Information Sessions: (students only need to attend 1 info session):
- Thursday, Feb. 16, 12:15-1:15 p.m., Zoom
- Thursday, Mar. 2, 6-7 p.m., SCC 227 or Zoom
- Monday, Mar. 6, 4-5 p.m., SCC 227 or Zoom
Current Community Engagement Ambassadors
Charlotte Li ’24
Destiny Kluck ’25
Jolecia Saunderson ’24
Nadia Romanazzi ’23