Brandeis Core Assessment Fellows
This cohort meets eight times per semester to develop teaching/learning materials and approaches specifically for advancing and assessing students’ achievement of Brandeis Core learning outcomes.
The Core Assessment Fellows receive an honorarium of $1000 upon completion of their participation in the program, which will include attending all sessions, contributing to discussions, and sharing of insights/materials/practices developed. Fellows will select and define topics to explore, including:
- assessing students' learning of course content
- assessing students' mastery of skills
- alignment of teaching materials to increase students' self-assessment of what/how they are learning
- connecting feedback on students' work with assessment
- designing assignments and class activities that focus on Core learning outcomes
- mid-course assessment of teaching and learning
- teaching techniques including: incorporating undergraduate research in your course, collaborative learning, experiential learning, discussion leading, lecturing, LATTE and use of online tools
Faculty who teach courses in the Brandeis Core, and are interested in refining and assessing their students’ mastery of the Core learning goals are eligible. Preference will be given to those who teach more than one Brandeis Core course in multiple years.