PhD Student Supervision of TAs or CAs
GSAS strongly recommends that PhD students who are hired as instructors of record not supervise other PhD students who are hired as TAs for their course. If both students belong to the same union, one cannot supervise another. If the students belong to two different unions (i.e. the instructor is hired through the adjunct faculty union and the TA is hired through the graduate student union), please consult with the Assistant Dean of Faculty Affairs.
PhD students who are instructors of record can supervise MA/MS students who are hired as CAs (course assistants).
- Student Resources
- Student Life
- Academic Resources and Policies
- Information for Incoming Students
- Completing Your Program
- Staff Directory By Subject
- Teaching Opportunities and Resources
- Conference and Research Awards
- Fellowships and Grants
- Publications, Presentations, and Performances
- Graduate and Professional Student Appreciation Week
- Summer 2023 Funding and Professional Development