Email the Coordinators
Community Connections plans one-time volunteer events in the Greater Boston area, including hosting four days of service each year. This past year, one day of service was held in collaboration with 'DEIS Impact to serve at the nonprofit owned by this year’s 'DEIS Impact keynote speaker, Nadia Alawa. Community Connections also partners with Stanley and Plympton Elementary Schools to host two Family Nights. The Social Impact Fair is also organized by Community Connections, which is a career fair for Brandeis students interested in volunteering, interning, or working at local nonprofits.
Community Connections is a community service club that organizes one-time volunteer opportunities in cooperation with a variety of on and off-campus organizations. The program also works with campus partners to plan the Social Impact Job, Internship, and Volunteer Fair and Stanley and Plympton Family Night. As part of Brandeis University Waltham Group Community Connections aims to help involve more students in community service opportunities in the greater Boston area. For more information about our program please contact us at communityconnectionsWG@gmail.com
- Population Served: We serve a variety of populations
- Community Partners: Community Partners: Drumlin Farms, Plympton, Stanley, Africano Waltham, 2Life
- Transportation: Brandeis volunteers are transported by Waltham Group vans.
- How to Participate: Organizations that would like Brandeis students to volunteer and Brandeis students who want to volunteer, feel free to email the program coordinators.
- Volunteer Time Commitment: We organize multiple events per semester, including mini days of service. Events usually last a few hours and may occur on any day of the week. Volunteers can participate in as many events as they wish (no regular commitment required).