Email the Coordinators
Symbiosis seeks to provide the Brandeis community with environmental volunteering opportunities that give all those involved a richer symbiosis connection to their natural surroundings. We have two main programs, and volunteers should feel free to commit to as many or few programs as interests them. Our programs are:
Prospect Hill Environmental Education
Brandeis volunteers go to an after school program at low-income housing development in Waltham once every other week to engage with kids in fun, kinesthetic environmental education. Time commitment is from 3:45-5:15 p.m. every other week, day of the week TBD each semester.
One-Time Service Events
Symbiosis organizes about five (5) one time service events throughout each semester. Examples of these events include river-cleanups, a clean-up of South Street, animal shelter visits, garlic planting, volunteering at an urban farm in Mattapan, volunteering at Lemberg community garden, making low-income homes more weather-efficient, and more! Time commitments vary.
- Population Served: Mother Earth, Prospect Hill residents, and others
- Community Partners: Prospect Hill Community Center, WATCH CDC, Landsake Farm, and more!
- How to Participate: Contact the program coordinators by email.
- Volunteer commitment: More information specified in each subcategory above!
- Campus Programs and Traditions
Community Engagement and Service
- Waltham Group
- Rich/Collins Community Leadership and Impact Fellowship
- Community Engagement Ambassador Program (CEAP)
- Roses in Concrete
- Alternative Breaks
- Track Your Service Hours
- Commitment to Service Award Program
- All Volunteer Training
- Service Policies and Framework
- Student Organizations
- Resources and Forms
- About Student Engagement
Department of Student Engagement
Office Location: Shapiro Campus Center, Room 201