Steps to Student Employment at Brandeis University
Complete the Form I-9
- This form must be completed with Student Financial Services BEFORE you start working if you have FWS or a job offer.
- Requires you to show us original documents which prove your identity and eligibility to work.
- Read the second page of the form for a list of acceptable documents Original copy of a federal ID will be required.
- Complete section 1 of the Form I9 in Workday once you have been hired.
- You only need to complete this form once during your time at Brandeis.
- Log onto Workday
- Click on the Career Worklet
- Click Find Jobs for Student
- Read Job Descriptions and Apply (a resume is required)
Sign up for Direct Deposit
Once you are hired, Manage Payment Elections (Direct Deposit) will appear as a task in your Workday inbox.
Direct Deposit is the easiest and most convenient way to receive your pay; your money will be deposited directly into your bank account each week, which saves you the hassle of having to pick-up your checks. If you do not sign up for direct deposit then you will need to pick your check up from the Payroll office at 60 Turner St.
Under the Preferred Payment Method Section - "Regular Payroll" refers to your paycheck. Please make sure this is set to "Direct Deposit - Payroll"
- If you are an international student you should also complete the Foreign National Information Form