Financial Overview (Semester and Year Abroad)
Brandeis University is committed to assisting all undergraduates with the opportunity to study abroad, regardless of financial circumstances. Students that have financial concerns or questions are encouraged to meet with a study abroad staff member or their Financial Aid counselor.
Quick Facts About Financing Study Abroad
- There are study abroad scholarships that eligible students can apply to.
- Apart from airfare and personal expenses, the basic cost of studying abroad can be similar to the cost of remaining on-campus, depending on the cost of living.
- One of the best ways to reduce costs while abroad is to research cost of living and housing costs for particular locations.
- Students continue to pay Brandeis tuition and fees.
- Study Abroad Ambassadors are a helpful source of advice on how to manage a personal budget while abroad.
- Students abroad remain Brandeis students while abroad and thus financial aid continues uninterrupted, with specific exceptions. The Office of Student Financial Services is able to adjust aid packages appropriately. Please consult with the Office of Student Financial Services for more details (phone: 781-736-3700; email: email@example.com).
To help plan your expenses and budget for your semester off-campus we offer a number of resources, including: