Off-Campus Non-Federal Work-Study Jobs
The Office of Student Financial Services does not sanction or endorse any company or organization listed here. These are posted strictly as a courtesy in an effort to assist students looking for additional sources of income. In-depth background checks are NOT performed on individuals or companies listed here.
Please note that we are no longer accepting requests for postings of babysitting/related jobs and will take down all current listings at the start of 2024.
The Office of Student Financial Services advises students to use good judgment when submitting applications. Please be aware of the potential for online job scams. Never accept a job that requires depositing checks into your account or wiring portions to other individuals or accounts. Reputable employers will never ask you to send funds through any means or ask you to purchase equipment as a precondition of employment. Please contact our office immediately to report suspicious behavior.
International students on F or J visa's are NOT eligible for these positions.
Hannaford in Waltham is hiring for multiple positions! Check its online job board to see current active postings.
Mathnasium is a math-only learning center with locations in Newton, Needham and Wellesley. We have several openings for in-person math tutors who would like to help kids in a fun and upbeat environment. If you do not have a car, Uber reimbursement may be possible.
No official tutoring experience is needed, but candidates:
- Must be strong in math through algebra
- An SAT math score 700+ or ACT equivalent.
- Must enjoy working with kids (1st-8th grade).
- Must be open to learning new ways of teaching math and working with children.
You will be working with students grades 1-8, explaining math. All worksheets and lesson plans are prepared for you in advance — all you need to do is show up and teach!
Flexible hours — You choose when you work, usually two to four 60-minute shifts per week, but more shifts may be available depending on student demand. Open from 3-7:30 p.m. Mondays-Thursdays.
Pay rate — $16/hr to start, including paid training; up to $18/hr in the first 3 months and $19/hr after additional paid training.
How to apply
Do not send your resume! Instead, apply online. All applicants must take a math literacy test to demonstrate proficiency and pass a background check.
Temple Reyim is a traditional, egalitarian, inclusive and very warm Conservative congregation located in Auburndale, Massachusetts. We are seeking an experienced Torah reader to read Tora occasionally on Shabbat and some holidays (except the High Holy Days). Services begin at 9:30 a.m. and Torah service begins at approximately 10:15 a.m. This position is available to start immediately.
Candidates should be experienced in reading Torah and be able to chant fluently in Hebrew with trope (cantillation). You do not need to be within walking distance of the shul; however, there is a hotel nearby and homestays are possible. Our primary need is for a candidate to chant the full parasha Torah reading) once or twice every two to three months. We are also open to those who can chant a portion of the weekly Torah reading.
- Full Torah reading: $350
- A portion of the full reading (about 3 columns of Torah: $200
Please respond to:
Erika Donahue, office administrator. Please be willing to provide references and a recording of your chanting.
Lizzy’s ice cream is looking for friendly staff who would like to serve ice cream and other ice cream-related items. Part-time positions available; most shifts are nights and weekends.
Pay: $16/hr plus tips
Please contact Miriam Benitez.
If you want to work for a place that actually cares about its employees, treats them with respect and is true to what it says, then you want to work for us. Call us, come meet our team and see what we're about. See what a quality dog daycare has to offer.
We really care about the dogs, as it should be. We are the best dog daycare in the area, and we want people with character only! Taking care of our clients' dogs is serious business for us.
Pack Leader (aka Dog Daycare attendant) Best Daycare in the area! join our amazing team of people and see where the position takes you. We're worth the visit. If you think you want to work with dogs, then we're the place for you. Clean, lots of staff to support you, we offer training and so much more, CHECK us out on Instagram & Google!
Currently looking for both full-time & part-time staff. Experience is a plus, however, no experience needed!
Come play with us! If you love dogs and are looking for a great work environment, reach out to us. Read our reviews. We're growing because of the level of service we offer our clients.
We provide on-site training that is usually completed in six weeks to three months, which focuses on dog body language, dog communications, group play and mental enrichment. We provide great benefits: Health, dental and vision insurance, 401K plan, PTO and more.
We proudly employ a team of A+ players. Are you one?
- Never late to work
- Thrives under pressure
- Likes to give and receive feedback
- Team player, but can confidently work alone
- Able to pass a background check and drug test
- Able to be physically active from beginning to end of shift
- Can work without a cellphone in hand
- Can work some weekends/holidays
- Likes to have FUN while working!
- Dog lover
- Thinks that complaining, negativity and drama are the worst sounds on earth
- Amazing attitude
- Communicates clearly and honestly
Below are some of the daily tasks and traits we're looking for in all our staff members.
- Enjoy spending time with dogs is a must.
- Must be able to stand on your feet while caring for dogs. (We offer special stress-reducing flooring)
- Must be willing to clean (we provide advanced cleaning system).
- Must be willing to work flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends and possible overnights.
- Must be comfortable with dogs of all sizes (training helps with this).
- Must be a team player. We have a great staff and we're looking for positive, hardworking team players.
- Willing to learn.
- Strong communication skills.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
We strive to have a drama free environment. It's about enjoying being at work and the pride we take in caring for the dogs.
Pay is based on experience and ranges from $15 to $17/hr
Looking for part-time help for evening shift Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
- Greet and assist customers with orders. Place orders on POS system via Grub Hub, phone or fax.
- Keep your section clean and stocked.
- Bag all food for pic-up orders.
Prospect Cafe and Pizzeria
Waltham, MA 02453
Are you interested in walking a dog close to campus three to five times/week? Zoey, a part-poodle, 26-pound 2-year-old puppy lives two blocks away, just beyond the Brandeis Grad dorm.
Pay will be $20/walk.
If you are interested, please email Professor Marya Levenson from your Brandeis email address.
- Position Title: Consumer Specialist (FWS or Internship)
- Reports to: Director of Community Dispute Resolution, MetroWest Mediation Services
- Location: MetroWest Mediation Services, 220 N. Main St. #106, Natick, MA 01760
- Hours Desired: 6-12 hrs/week, 2 non-consecutive days; Monday and/or Wednesday from 11:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. (some flexibility) at our office in Natick. Additional hours could be remote for the right candidate.
Interested candidates should emaila resume and brief cover letter to Eric Greene, director of Community Dispute Resolution.
Position and Summary
The MetroWest Mediation Services Local Consumer Program (LCP) is a program designed to effectively resolve consumer complaints with businesses. We are a part of a statewide network of LCPs who work in cooperation with the Massachusetts Attorney General’s Office. We provide free and voluntary resolution services on behalf of consumers when they have a dispute or problem with a business. We also provide consumer protection information and resources to enrich the community. The work-study student will be a Consumer Specialist.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Consumer Specialists are responsible for a caseload of consumer complaints received from the Attorney General’s Office, typically between 5-20 cases at any given time.
- Conduct consumer assistance and dispute resolution services on the telephone to resolve individual consumer complaints
- Monitoring/responding to correspondences sent from either consumer or business, including any other agencies involved.
- Keep detailed case notes immediately and contemporaneously as each case progresses.
- Provide consumer information, resources, education and assistance to the public, referrals to legal aid resources and or governmental agencies.
- Update the OnBase database of assigned cases daily
- Check for newly assigned cases every work day
- Research business background and applicable local, state and federal laws for each case
- Additional tasks as needed
- Commitment to a schedule of at least 8 hours/week over 2 non-consecutive days
- Keep an accurate record of your hours and sign in/out for each time period worked
- Follow through with scheduled hours and give advance notice if you must be absent or away on scheduled work days
- Follow all MetroWest Confidentiality and Security Protocol policies and AGO requirements
- Ensure timely follow-up to all inquiries and meetings
- Dress in appropriate office attire and be punctual
- Positive attitude
- Willingness to learn
- Interest in the field of dispute resolution
- Curious and non-judgmental
- Career oriented with a good sense of how acquired skills could be used in service of future goals
- Salary Range: $15 per hour for FWS or academic credit for interns
- Schedule an Appointment
- Tuition and Fees
- Financial Aid
- Emergency Funds
- Student Accounts and Billing
- Student Employment
- Forms and Helpful Links
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Contact Us