Campus Center Team
The Campus Center Team functions as the operating staff of the Shapiro Campus Center. Along with providing customer service and information to thousands of visitors a year, the team also helps to support logistical and technical aspects of events and spaces in the Shapiro Campus Center.
At the Information Booth, students can borrow dry-erase markers for the conference and study rooms, pick up campus maps, borrow games (such as frisbees, Giant Jenga, Giant Scrabble, board games, cornhole, etc.), gain access to locked conference rooms, and gain answers to general questions.
- Lead Managers: These building managers oversee specific areas within the Operation of the Shapiro Campus Center. Core responsibilities include scheduling, set-ups, equipment, and supervising.
Building Manager: Serves as the primary point of contact for members of the community in the Shapiro Campus Center. Manage room access, basic set-ups, borrowing of items, daily walkthroughs, and general management of the facility.
- Campus Programs and Traditions
- Community Engagement and Service
- Student Organizations
Resources and Forms
- Get Involved
- Reserving a Van
- Visiting Student Engagement Spaces
- Requesting Space
- Working for Student Engagement
- Utilizing Community Engagement and Service Resources
- Requesting Vendor Space
- Obtaining Student Discounts
- About Student Engagement
Info. Booth Phone and Conference Room Hours
Monday–Friday: 10 a.m.–11:30 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday: 2–11:30 p.m.