Off-Campus Job Registration Procedures
We require all students and eligible agencies to complete a Federal Work-Study Program Off-Campus Agency Agreement. You must follow the steps outlined below before beginning a job at any off-campus federal work-study agency. Brandeis University is not responsible for payment of hours worked at an agency that has not been formally approved by the Office of Student Financial Services as a designated off-campus federal work-study agency.
- Contact the Assistant Director of Student Employment in the Office of Student Financial Services to determine if you are eligible to participate in the Off-Campus Federal Work-Study Program.
- Submit a description of the organization, a job description, and a copy of the agencies 501(c)3 or tax exempt certification for approval.
- Once approved, complete the student section of the Federal Work-Study Program Off-Campus Agency Agreement.
- Ask your prospective supervisor to complete the “Agency” sections on pages 1 and 3.
- Please consult the Assistant Director of Student Employment for information regarding your FWS allocation or
- Submit the I-9, Hire Form AND the Federal Work-Study Program Off-Campus Agency Agreement to the Office of Student Financial Services.
- Once the Office of Student Financial Services approves the Agency Agreement, you will be officially authorized to work.
- A packet of individualized, weekly timesheets will be generated and sent to you five to 10 days after all required forms have been received.
- You must submit your timesheets to the Office of Student Financial Services by 12:00 p.m every Monday in order to be paid for the previous week’s work.
- Your paycheck will come from Brandeis University and the agency will be billed for 50% of your wage on a monthly basis
- You must pay close attention to your earnings. Once your FWS allotment has been reached you will need to stop working at the agency through the FWS program.