A student who has a concern about an academic decision may utilize this grievance process to seek resolution. An academic grievance is appropriate for academic decisions and milestones like comprehensive or qualifying exam results, language exams, grades in coursework. If you wish to appeal your academic withdrawal, please follow the outlined process. The academic grievance process cannot be used for non-academic issues, including issues of student conduct, harassment, discrimination, or sexual violence, that are being addressed through the Department of Student Rights and Community Standards or the Office of Equal Opportunity

Before following the formal academic grievance procedure, students are encouraged to access the linked resources on campus that may help them address their concerns. Students who wish to file a formal academic grievance should follow the procedure below. The process is as follows: