Event Planning Resources
Congratulations on deciding to hold an event! There's a lot that goes into planning and implementing a successful event. Use this checklist as you plan and prepare for your event to ensure that everything runs smoothly and that you follow policies and procedures.
- Arrive early - check set up and check any equipment
- Set up entrance area to event
- Meet and greet performer/speaker, etc. and other staff
- Introduce performer/speaker
- Be present to handle any problems that occur during the event
- Thank your performers/speakers
- Pass out evaluations or speak with attendees about your event
- Pay speaker/performers
- Clean up as necessary
- Complete an evaluation sheet
- Write thank you notes to performer, volunteers and others
- Follow up with any outstanding bills
- Record information for the future
To ensure smooth planning and a successful event, it's vital for you use the correct forms.
- Submit your space requests as early as possible. Most locations require three weeks advance reservations.
- You may only reserve space if you are from a Brandeis University department or a Student Union accredited club or organization.
Please submit requests for Student Production Services at least two weeks in advance of your event. Allow one week to receive a response.
Please submit requests for Brandeis Tickets services at least three weeks in advance of your event. Allow one week to receive a response.
Brandeis Clubs and Departments may reserve a variety of equipment for club programs and events held on campus. Equipment is not permitted to be taken off-campus.
Available at Cholmondeley's
Clubs can host their event at Cholmondeley's and have Chum's ServSafe certified staff operate the food equipment during the event. Sorry, the equipment cannot be used outside of Chum's.
There is a $10 fee for the supplies for each of the following machines: cotton candy, popcorn, and snow cone. If requesting to use the hot dog steamer or nacho cheese/caramel/chocolate warmer, clubs will be responsible for acquiring the food that corresponds with these items and bringing them to Chum's prior to the event.
If you would like to host an event at Cholmondeley's using any of this equipment, please complete a Chum's Space Request Form and note the food equipment request on the form.
If you have any questions, please email Chum's .
The following items may only be used in the Shapiro Campus Center and are NOT allowed to be removed from the building:
- Large Projection Screen (20’ diagonal)
- Podium with microphone