Student Organization Policies
These club resources include policies and forms related to club membership. Forms specific to planning club events and programs can be found in the Event Support section.
To start a new club, follow these steps:
- Attend the New Club Information Session, typically held in the first two months of the semester.
- Write and submit a Constitution, One-Semester Plan, obtain 15 students' statements of interest in joining the club, and current E-Board list and have an assigned Club Support member review them.
- Hold a first club meeting with 10 members and invite a Senator to attend.
- Present the club ideas and plans on a PowerPoint in front of Club Support
- Present the club ideas and plans on a Powerpoint in front of the Senate.
Email Club Support if you have additional questions!
If you have changes with your club's description, photo, leadership, or membership roster, remember to make updates to your club page on Campus Groups. If you have questions about making updates in Campus Groups, please email Student Engagement.
If your club makes changes to your club name or constitution, you will need to contact the Senate and attend a senate meeting. Email the club support committee chair and let them know what you would like to change. They will provide further directions and have your present your case at a senate meeting. If your changes are approved, make sure to update your club information in Campus Groups.
As your club membership changes and grows or your leadership changes, a club officer should log into Campus Groups to update the club roster. Any new Presidents and Treasurers must also complete appropriate training before gaining access.
It is imperative that officers of your club be subscribed to the Club Leaders Google Group to receive important emails regarding Allocation Board submission information, Treasury deadlines information, and other information imperative to being a club leaders at Brandeis. This is also where registration for the Fall and Winter Involvement Fairs will be announced.
To join the Club Leader Google Group, you must be listed as an officer in Campus Groups. Additionally, you can email email@example.com to be added to the group.
- Campus Programs and Traditions
- Community Engagement and Service
- Student Organizations
- Resources and Forms
- About Student Engagement
Department of Student Engagement
Office Location: Shapiro Campus Center, Room 201