Cross-listing a Course with WGS
The Department of Women's, Gender and Sexuality Studies (WGS) welcomes proposals from other departments and programs to cross-list courses with WGS. Proposals for cross-listing should be received by the WGS Office in advance of the fall/spring course submission deadlines so that the Faculty Executive Committee (FEC) has time to evaluate and respond to submissions in a thoughtful and constructive manner. Since most classes across the social sciences, humanities and arts include at least some attention to women, gender and/or sexuality, we expect classes formally cross-listed with WGS to focus on women, gender and/or sexuality as a consistent and central part of the course.
Criteria for Cross-Listing a Course with WGS
- A consistent attention to women, gender and/or sexuality through the class.
- Some attention to feminist or queer theory throughout the class or to other ways of using gender and sexuality as analytic frames.
- A statement included in the syllabus that clearly articulates the WGS-related content of the course.
Materials to Submit With the Request
- Course proposal which includes a statement that clearly articulates the WGS-related content of the course.
- An electronic copy of the syllabus.